According to the CDC, more than 1.3 million Americans live in nursing homes. Sadly, this vulnerable population is at high risk of suffering due to nursing home negligence or abuse. All too often, this neglect goes unnoticed until injury or even death occurs. One study suggests that 64% of staff members at care facilities worldwide have perpetrated some form of elder abuse, including negligence. Neglect can have consequences ranging from bruises to broken bones, and depression to death. This is not acceptable.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of neglect in a nursing home situation, pursuing nursing home negligence lawsuit settlements will bring you needed compensation to cover bills and help discourage neglect from continuing. During the litigation process, bills can be tight, especially if you need to cover medical expenses or changes in health care. US Direct Advance can help by offering you nursing home abuse lawsuit funding.
Nursing Home Abuse and Negligence
For many Americans in need of professional nursing home care, abuse and neglect is a sad reality. There are many reasons why abuse might occur, including:
- Unsafe Environment: A failure to keep the nursing home free from hazards can result in slip-and-fall accidents, flight risk patients escaping, or dangerous situations.
- Negligent Employees: Failing to hire the best employees, neglecting to do background checks, or failing to adequately train employees can put residents in dangerous scenarios.
- Sanitation Problems: Failing to keep the residence clean, including common areas, kitchens, bathrooms, can spread disease.
- Inadequate Medical Treatment: Sometimes medical conditions are mismanaged, or new problems are missed or misdiagnosed.
- Lack of Supervision: If residents are not adequately supervised according to their physical and mental needs, they may be at risk for falls and unintentional self-harm.
If you or a family member were harmed in any way because of one of these or other factors, you’ve got a lot to deal with. There are physical and mental repercussions from nursing home abuse and negligence. A fall could mean a broken hip, an untreated bedsore can be painful and get infected, and unkind treatment or lack of adequate care can lead to ongoing depression and anxiety, not to mention distrust of institutionalized care. Along with the mental and physical challenges, you and your family might be facing financial struggles as well. Bills for medical care and equipment can become a sudden, unexpected expense. You may have to take a parent out of their facility and care for them at home, leading to lost wages and expenses in outfitting your home for wheelchair access. Or you may have to pay a higher cost of living to move to a more reputable nursing home.
Nursing Home Neglect Lawsuit Funding
These expenses can be taxing and draining, especially during an already difficult time. You want to hold out for a bigger payment, both to help you get by financially and to hold the nursing home accountable, but the immediate need for cash may make it tempting to settle for a smaller fee before your lawyer has time to get you more cash.
To help you out in the meantime, US Direct Advance offers nursing home lawsuit funding. That means you can borrow against your future lawsuit settlement, getting the cash within 48 hours. It’s at no risk to you: if you lose the case, you don’t owe us a dime.
If you are involved in a lawsuit and need nursing home neglect lawsuit funding now, give us a call today.
So if you’re in a law suit because of a nursing homes negligence and need some money to bridge the gap, simple give us a call or fill out the online form.